Certification as an Addiction Counselor comes with a specific amount of required training and we offer 445 hours in all 10 disciplines listed below. Our education is very in-depth and online self-study. Once you purchase you will obtain all the education and manuals in the education portal.
Please note this is not the Board exams, this is the educational requirement to sit for the licensure and board exams. Please check with your local state, providence, or country board to see all requirements to sit for the license of that area.
There are different levels of addiction counselors. You can become a Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) or Certified Addictions Professional (CAP) or a Master Certified Addiction Professional (MCAP). You will need to check with your specific state.
- TAA100: Understanding Addiction/Treatment Knowledge (an overview) 80 hours
- TAA 101: Documentation: 15 hours
- TAA 102: Counseling Theories and Techniques: Individual and Group: 80 hours
- TAA 103: Application to Practice/Professional and Personal Growth: 50 hours
- TAA 104: Treatment Planning and Special Populations: 30 hours
- TAA 105: Clinical Evaluation: 35 hours
- TAA 106: Client, Family, and Community Education (includes Domestic Violence, Cultural Diversity Requirements): 50 hours
- TAA 107: Ethical, Legal, and Professional Responsibilities: 45 hours
- TAA 108: Telehealth 15 hours
- TAA 109: Case Management and Referral: 45 hours