The Addictions Academy Methamphetamine Training is designed for addiction specialists, counselors, therapists, peer support workers, recovery coaches, techs, hospital workers, and front-line caregivers, along with first responders (nurse, doctor, EMT, Firefighters, police, etc). This training covers how meth became prevalent in the USA, how to address and combat the problem.
- Overview of meth
- Slang terms and history
- Current medical uses and trends
- Physical versus mental/emotional addiction
- Long term use complications
- Treatment options
- Helpful tips for family members dealing with someone with an addiction.
- How meth is different from other uppers: cocaine, speed, diet pills
- How meth affects the brain